Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review - April, Tuesday 19
Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review
U.S. stocks were mixed after the close on Tuesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average closing higher up to 0.27% to 18,053.6, while the S&P 500 Index increased 0.31% to 2,100.8 and the NASDAQ Composite Index dropping 0.4% to 4,940.33.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
- The best performers were Goldman Sachs Group Inc which jumped 2.28% to close at 162.65, Also yesterday, UnitedHealth Group Incorporated raised 2.10% to end at 130.50 and Chevron Corporation gained 1.82% to 100.50 in late trade.
- The worst performers of the session were International Business Machines diving 5.59% to trade at 144.00 at the close. Meanwhile, Home Depot Inc fell 0.99% to end at 135.44 and Visa Inc lose 0.86% to 80.75.
The top winners on the S&P 500 were Transocean Ltd increasing 9.54% to 10.68, Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc gaining 8.98% to settle at 12.01 and Williams Companies Inc winning 7.97% to close at 18.01.
- The worst performers of the day were Illumina Inc falling 23.16% to 136.88, Netflix Inc losing 12.97% to settle at 94.34 and Viacom B Inc dropping 8.31% to 35.64 at the close.
The top performers on the Nasdaq were Eleven Biothera jumping 36.54% to 0.7100, Cymabay Therapeu climbing 32.54% to settle at 2.24 and Draftday Fantasy Sports Inc which gained 29.79% to close at 0.4400.
The worst performers of the day were Applied Opt falling 27.25% to 11.72 in late trade, American Caresource Holdings Inc. losing 24.87% to settle at 0.2051 and Capstone Turbine Corp dropping 24.30% to 1.900 at the close.
- Gold Futures for June were up 1.41% , to trade at $1,252.40 a troy ounce.
- The Silver futures for May delivery were down 0.22% to close at $16.395 an ounce.
- Also on the NYMEX the WTI crude oil for June was up 3.13% to hit $42.48 a barrel.
- Natural Gas on the same market for May closed at $2.02 per million British thermal units, up 4.23%.
- EUR/USD was up 0.42% to close at 1.1361, while USD/JPY rose 0.35% at 109.19.
- The US Dollar Index was down 0.42% to close at 94.05 .
Think Global - Act Local
Simon Furman is one of the best financial analyst with 27 years of trading experience
After tumbling overnight, the dollar strengthened during and after Donald Trump’s first speech as the elected President of the United States
Monday, October 31, 2016 - Stocks were mixed at the end of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.10% lower at 18,142.42, while the S&P 500 Index rose 0.01% closing at 2,126.15.
Taking into account today’s volatile economy GTCM endeavors to provide its clients with a secure trading environment and strong financial services. We aim to establish a strong relationship with our customers by providing them with ease, transparency and accountability on all their account activities
Banc De Binary is home to the 21st century investor. Founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, we set out to provide the simplest, most profitable trading solutions, and have built a following among customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Today, we provide access to the financial markets via our online binary options platform to 250,000 account holders. As a World Finance listed company and multi award-winning firm, we are proud to be able to guarantee a safe and risk-controlled environment for all our valued clients.
HY Markets is a market leader in providing retail and institutional investors with access to foreign exchange and other capital markets. With HY Markets you can trade forex, metals such as gold and silver, energy products such as US oil and natural gas, commodities, indices as well as stocks, all from a single integrated account.
Ikon Markets are an online trading service provider affiliated to the Ikon Group, an acclaimed global network for online financial trading. Prior to the introduction of our online segment. We, at Ikon, have had many years of experience in providing financial trading services to institutional investors, such as banks, large financial institutions and mutual fund companies.