U.S. August 16th: stocks were mixed after the close , with the Dow Jones Industrial Average going up 0.45% to 18,552.02, while the S&P 500 index going up 0.55% to 2,178.15 and the NASDAQ Composite index is up 0.22% to close at 7,707.8.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
- The best performers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Intel 0.86% to trade at 35.21, Boeing rose 0.25% to end at 135.00 and Nike was up 0.18% to 56.87 in late trade.
- The worst performers of the session were J&J which fall 1.61% to trade at 120.34 at the close. Verzon to 1.60% to end at 52.75 and The Travelers was up 1.16 to 116.98
- The top performers on the Chesapeake Energy which rose 7.55% to 5.915, Cintas which was up 5.19% to settle at 112.99 and Praxair which gained 2.74% to close at 121.27.
- The worst performers were VeriSign which was down 7.14% to 75.97 in late trade, TJX lost at 5.80% to settle at 77.97 and Activision Blizzard. which was up 5.23% to 39.17 at the close.
- The top performers on the NASDAQ were Arch Capital Group which rose 4.14% to 80.28 eHealth which was up 3.04% to settle at 11.53 and GWG Holdings Inc which gained 1.72% to close at 7.71
- The worst performers were Health Insurance which fall 2.54% to 5.370, Connecture Inc which was up 2.30% to settle at 1.700 and Kinsale Capital which gained 1.87% to close at 19.45
- Gold Futures was down 0.69%, to trade at $1,347.55 a troy ounce.
- The Silver futures for May delivery was down 1.28% to trade at $19.627 an ounce.
- Also on the NYMEX the WTI crude oil for August down 1.03% to hit $46.09 a barrel.
- Natural Gas on the same market for May closed at $2.612 per million British thermal units,to close at 0.08%.
- EUR/USD was down 0.09% to close at 1.1267, while USD/JPY was up 0.48 to close at 100.76.
- The US Dollar Index was down 0.19% to close at 94.93.
Think Global - Act Local
Simon Furman is one of the best financial analyst with 27 years of trading experience
After tumbling overnight, the dollar strengthened during and after Donald Trump’s first speech as the elected President of the United States
Monday, October 31, 2016 - Stocks were mixed at the end of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.10% lower at 18,142.42, while the S&P 500 Index rose 0.01% closing at 2,126.15.
Taking into account today’s volatile economy GTCM endeavors to provide its clients with a secure trading environment and strong financial services. We aim to establish a strong relationship with our customers by providing them with ease, transparency and accountability on all their account activities
Banc De Binary is home to the 21st century investor. Founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, we set out to provide the simplest, most profitable trading solutions, and have built a following among customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Today, we provide access to the financial markets via our online binary options platform to 250,000 account holders. As a World Finance listed company and multi award-winning firm, we are proud to be able to guarantee a safe and risk-controlled environment for all our valued clients.
HY Markets is a market leader in providing retail and institutional investors with access to foreign exchange and other capital markets. With HY Markets you can trade forex, metals such as gold and silver, energy products such as US oil and natural gas, commodities, indices as well as stocks, all from a single integrated account.
Ikon Markets are an online trading service provider affiliated to the Ikon Group, an acclaimed global network for online financial trading. Prior to the introduction of our online segment. We, at Ikon, have had many years of experience in providing financial trading services to institutional investors, such as banks, large financial institutions and mutual fund companies.