Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review
U.S. stocks were mixed after the close on Thursday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average decreasing 0.11% to 17,985.19, while the S&P 500 index dropped 3.64% to 2,115.48 and the NASDAQ Composite index fell 0.32% to close at 4,958.62.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
- The best performers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were Nike Inc. Cl B which rose 1.52% to trade at 0.82 at the close. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson added 1.04%to end at 1.20 and Verizon Communications Inc. was up 0.83% to 0.43 in late trade.
- The worst performers of the session were Caterpillar Inc, which fell 1.22% to trade at 0.95 at the close. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. declined 0.95% to end at 1.47 and American Express Co. was down 0.83% to 0.55.
- The top performers on the S&P 500 were J.M. Smucker Co. which rose 7.93% to 10.52, Southwestern Energy Co. which was up 4.39% to settle at 0.62 and Range Resources Corp. which gained 3.91% to close at 1.74.
- The worst performers were NRG Energy Inc. which was down 6.69% to 1.19 in late trade, Freeport-McMoRan Inc. which lost 5.87% to settle at 0.68 and Best Buy Co. Inc. which was down 4.20% to 1.32 at the close.
- The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Diana Containerships Inc. which rose 2.14% to 0.0889, Jaguar Animal Health Inc. which was up 76.52% to settle at 1.01 and Bellerophon Therapeutics Inc. which gained 52.79% to close at 1.04.
- The worst performers were Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc which was down 45.80% to 0.575 in late trade, Globus Maritime Ltd which lost 28.95% to settle at 0.4700 and Papa Murphys Holdings Inc which was down 23.59% to 9.49 at the close.
- Gold Futures was down 0.21%, to trade at $1,265.230 a troy ounce.
- The Silver futures for May delivery was down 0.02% to trade at $17.265 an ounce.
- Also on the NYMEX the WTI crude oil for June was down 0.65% to hit $50.23 a barrel.
- Natural Gas on the same market for May closed at $2.588 per million British thermal units, down 1.12%.
- EUR/USD was down 0.11% to close at 1.1305, while USD/JPY was up 0.8% to close at 107.00.
- The US Dollar Index was up 0.5% to close at 94.15.
When there is a will there is a trade
A successful Forex trader and expert advisor
After tumbling overnight, the dollar strengthened during and after Donald Trump’s first speech as the elected President of the United States
Monday, October 31, 2016 - Stocks were mixed at the end of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.10% lower at 18,142.42, while the S&P 500 Index rose 0.01% closing at 2,126.15.
Taking into account today’s volatile economy GTCM endeavors to provide its clients with a secure trading environment and strong financial services. We aim to establish a strong relationship with our customers by providing them with ease, transparency and accountability on all their account activities
Banc De Binary is home to the 21st century investor. Founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, we set out to provide the simplest, most profitable trading solutions, and have built a following among customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Today, we provide access to the financial markets via our online binary options platform to 250,000 account holders. As a World Finance listed company and multi award-winning firm, we are proud to be able to guarantee a safe and risk-controlled environment for all our valued clients.
HY Markets is a market leader in providing retail and institutional investors with access to foreign exchange and other capital markets. With HY Markets you can trade forex, metals such as gold and silver, energy products such as US oil and natural gas, commodities, indices as well as stocks, all from a single integrated account.
Ikon Markets are an online trading service provider affiliated to the Ikon Group, an acclaimed global network for online financial trading. Prior to the introduction of our online segment. We, at Ikon, have had many years of experience in providing financial trading services to institutional investors, such as banks, large financial institutions and mutual fund companies.