Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review - March, Thursday 24th
Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review
U.S. closed higher on Thursday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average increasing 0.08% to 17,515.73, while the S&P 500 Index lost 0.04% to 2,035.94 and the NASDAQ Composite Index added 0.1% to 4,773.51.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
- The best performer was Caterpillar Inc , which climbed 2.19% to close at 75.29. Also yesterday, International Business Machines raised 1.75% to close at 147.95 and Chevron Corporation gained 1.35% to 94.85 in late trade.
- The losers of the session were Nike Inc diving 1.27% to trade at 61.65, UnitedHealth Group fell 0.92% to close at 128.59 and JPMorgan Chase & Co lose 0.77% to 59.48 in the last sesion.
- The top winners on the S&P 500 were PVH Corp rocketing 7.60% to 94.29, Staples Inc. up to 7.01% to close at 10.76 and Accenture plc winning 6.26% to close at 114.30.
- The worst performers of the day were Williams Companies Inc falling 5.60% to 15.35, Seagate Technology PLC loosing 4.51% to close at 33.23 and PayPal Holdings Inc dropping 3.95% to end at 38.92 at the close.
- The top performers of the day were Lombard Medical Inc jumping 35.37% to 1.1100, Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc climbing 31.96% to close at 0.07390 and Code Rebel Corp Inc soaring 24.71% to 3.28.
- The losers of the trading day were DS Healthcare Group Inc falling 35.34% to 0.860 , Great Basin Scientific loosing 30.00% to 0.1960 and Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc which was down 29.28% to 20.24.
- The Silver futures for May delivery was 0.07% to close at 15.20 an ounce.
- Also on the NYMEX the WTI crude oil for May settled at $39.48 a barrel, closing down 0.78%.
- Natural Gas on the same market for April, tacked on 0.33% , to trade at $1.800.
- The EUR/USD was down Thursday to close at $ 1.1175, a fall in 0.04% in its price, while the USD/JPY was up 0.42% to 112.85 per Yen.
- On the other hand, the US Dollar Index gained a 0.09% to close at 96.15.
Think Global - Act Local
Simon Furman is one of the best financial analyst with 27 years of trading experience
After tumbling overnight, the dollar strengthened during and after Donald Trump’s first speech as the elected President of the United States
Monday, October 31, 2016 - Stocks were mixed at the end of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.10% lower at 18,142.42, while the S&P 500 Index rose 0.01% closing at 2,126.15.
Taking into account today’s volatile economy GTCM endeavors to provide its clients with a secure trading environment and strong financial services. We aim to establish a strong relationship with our customers by providing them with ease, transparency and accountability on all their account activities
Banc De Binary is home to the 21st century investor. Founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, we set out to provide the simplest, most profitable trading solutions, and have built a following among customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Today, we provide access to the financial markets via our online binary options platform to 250,000 account holders. As a World Finance listed company and multi award-winning firm, we are proud to be able to guarantee a safe and risk-controlled environment for all our valued clients.
HY Markets is a market leader in providing retail and institutional investors with access to foreign exchange and other capital markets. With HY Markets you can trade forex, metals such as gold and silver, energy products such as US oil and natural gas, commodities, indices as well as stocks, all from a single integrated account.
Ikon Markets are an online trading service provider affiliated to the Ikon Group, an acclaimed global network for online financial trading. Prior to the introduction of our online segment. We, at Ikon, have had many years of experience in providing financial trading services to institutional investors, such as banks, large financial institutions and mutual fund companies.