Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review - May,Thursday 5
Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review
U.S. stocks were mixed after the close on Thursday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average decreasing 0.05% to 17,651.26, while the S&P 500 index dropped 0.02% to 2,044 and the NASDAQ Composite index fell 0.18% to close at 4,300.25.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
- The best performers of the session on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were International Business Machines which rose 1.54% to trade at 146.47 at the close. Meanwhile, Walt Disney Company added 1.22%to end at 104.93 and The Travelers Companies Inc was up 0.93% to 110.75 in late trade.
- The worst performers of the session were Caterpillar Inc, which fell 1.95% to trade at 72.79 at the close. Nike Inc declined 1.56% to end at 58.19 and Merck & Company Inc was down 1.31% to 54.09.
- The top performers on the S&P 500 were Apache Corporation which rose 8.06% to 54.82, Teradata Corporation which was up 7.66% to settle at 26.27 and Cimarex Energy Co which gained 7.09% to close at 113.68.
- The worst performers were L Brands Inc which was down 12.04% to 70.53 in late trade, CenturyLink Inc which lost 8.91% to settle at 28.20 and Murphy Oil Corporation which was down 7.77% to 30.26 at the close.
- The top performers on the NASDAQ Composite were Fairway Group Holdings Corp which rose 345.64% to 0.2451, Synacor Inc which was up 158.16% to settle at 3.64 and Bind Therap which gained 59.04% to close at 0.66.
- The worst performers were Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc which was down 45.80% to 0.575 in late trade, Globus Maritime Ltd which lost 28.95% to settle at 0.4700 and Papa Murphys Holdings Inc which was down 23.59% to 9.49 at the close.
- Gold Futures were up 0.37% , to trade at $1,279.10 a troy ounce.
- The Silver futures for May delivery was up 1.67% to trade at $17.59 an ounce.
- Also on the NYMEX the WTI crude oil for June was up 1.37% to hit $44.38 a barrel.
- Natural Gas on the same market for May closed at $2.115 per million British thermal units, down 1.03%.
- EUR/USD was down 0.73% to close at 1.1402, while USD/JPY was up 0.24% to close at 107.28.
- The US Dollar Index was up 0.53% to close at 93.76.
When there is a will there is a trade
A successful Forex trader and expert advisor
After tumbling overnight, the dollar strengthened during and after Donald Trump’s first speech as the elected President of the United States
Monday, October 31, 2016 - Stocks were mixed at the end of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.10% lower at 18,142.42, while the S&P 500 Index rose 0.01% closing at 2,126.15.
Taking into account today’s volatile economy GTCM endeavors to provide its clients with a secure trading environment and strong financial services. We aim to establish a strong relationship with our customers by providing them with ease, transparency and accountability on all their account activities
Banc De Binary is home to the 21st century investor. Founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, we set out to provide the simplest, most profitable trading solutions, and have built a following among customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Today, we provide access to the financial markets via our online binary options platform to 250,000 account holders. As a World Finance listed company and multi award-winning firm, we are proud to be able to guarantee a safe and risk-controlled environment for all our valued clients.
HY Markets is a market leader in providing retail and institutional investors with access to foreign exchange and other capital markets. With HY Markets you can trade forex, metals such as gold and silver, energy products such as US oil and natural gas, commodities, indices as well as stocks, all from a single integrated account.
Ikon Markets are an online trading service provider affiliated to the Ikon Group, an acclaimed global network for online financial trading. Prior to the introduction of our online segment. We, at Ikon, have had many years of experience in providing financial trading services to institutional investors, such as banks, large financial institutions and mutual fund companies.