Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review - May,Tuesday 3
Daily Wall Street Stock Market Review
U.S. stocks were lower after the close on Tuesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average decreasing 0.78% to 17,870.75, while the S&P 500 index dropped 0.87% to 2,057.00 and the NASDAQ Composite index fell 1.13% to close at 4,334.50.
Dow Jones Industrial Average
- The best performers were Pfizer Inc, which rose 2.74% to trade at 33.70 at the close, Apple Inc added 1.64% to end at 95.18 and UnitedHealth Group Incorporated was up 0.27% to 132.46 in late trade.
- The worst performers of the session were United Technologies Corporation, which fell 2.15% to trade at 102.13 at the close, JPMorgan Chase & Co declined 1.92% to end at 62.56 and Chevron Corporation was down 1.93% to 101.32.
- The top winners on the S&P 500 were FMC Corporation which rose 8.48% to 47.32, Mallinckrodt which was up 6.60% to settle at 64.84 and Fidelity National Information Svcs which gained 6.12% to close at 71.29.
- The worst performers of the day were Chesapeake Energy Corporation which was down 11.99% to 5.80 in late trade, Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc which lost 11.37% to settle at 12.01 and Pitney Bowes Inc which was down 9.47% to 18.93 at the close.
- The biggest gainers on the Nasdaq were xG Technology Inc which rose 55.00% to 0.1550, Echo Therapeutics Inc which was up 41.67% to settle at 1.700 and Crossroads Systems Inc which gained 41.60% to close at 0.3540.
- The worst performers of the day were Fairway Group Holdings Corp which was down 62.46% to 0.0779 in late trade, Neuralstem Inc which lost 40.67% to settle at 0.3500 and K2M Group H which was down 28.04% to 11.42 at the close.
- Gold Futures were down 0.57% , to trade at $1,288.40 a troy ounce.
- The Silver futures for May delivery was $17.474 an ounce.
- Also on the NYMEX the WTI crude oil for June fell 2.57% to hit $43.63 a barrel.
- Natural Gas on the same market for May closed at $2.086 per million British thermal units, up 2.06%.
- EUR/USD was down 0.25% to close at 1.1505, while USD/JPY was up 0.10% to close at 106.52.
- The US Dollar Index was up 0.46% to close at 92.96 .
Think Global - Act Local
Simon Furman is one of the best financial analyst with 27 years of trading experience
After tumbling overnight, the dollar strengthened during and after Donald Trump’s first speech as the elected President of the United States
Monday, October 31, 2016 - Stocks were mixed at the end of the day. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 0.10% lower at 18,142.42, while the S&P 500 Index rose 0.01% closing at 2,126.15.
Taking into account today’s volatile economy GTCM endeavors to provide its clients with a secure trading environment and strong financial services. We aim to establish a strong relationship with our customers by providing them with ease, transparency and accountability on all their account activities
Banc De Binary is home to the 21st century investor. Founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, we set out to provide the simplest, most profitable trading solutions, and have built a following among customers in over 80 countries worldwide. Today, we provide access to the financial markets via our online binary options platform to 250,000 account holders. As a World Finance listed company and multi award-winning firm, we are proud to be able to guarantee a safe and risk-controlled environment for all our valued clients.
HY Markets is a market leader in providing retail and institutional investors with access to foreign exchange and other capital markets. With HY Markets you can trade forex, metals such as gold and silver, energy products such as US oil and natural gas, commodities, indices as well as stocks, all from a single integrated account.
Ikon Markets are an online trading service provider affiliated to the Ikon Group, an acclaimed global network for online financial trading. Prior to the introduction of our online segment. We, at Ikon, have had many years of experience in providing financial trading services to institutional investors, such as banks, large financial institutions and mutual fund companies.